Baby oils replace many cosmetic and hygienic products that can harm the delicate skin of the baby. But only if they are really high-quality. Oils for children should be safe, optimal in composition and recognized by pediatric experts. They should include only natural components without chemical and synthetic components. The cosmetics market offers a variety of products for infants from birth. Based on users’ composition and feedback, we have compiled a ranking of the best massage oil for baby.
What’s the point of a baby massage?
Massages soothe, resolve tensions and strengthen the parent-child bond. The first massages can be performed from the first days of your baby.
You can offer this time of relaxation at any time of the day, especially when it seems serene and soothing, after the meal, at the time of bathing, for example.
Massages have an impact on your child’s relaxation, sleep, digestion and blood circulation. Don’t hesitate to get into the habit of massaging him regularly. These gestures will soon become rituals.
Why choose an organic baby massage oil?
Your baby’s skin is susceptible. For a gentle massage, choose organic massage oils.
The composition of these oils respects your child’s skin and health. You will be more serene to multiply the massages.
How to choose an organic baby massage oil?
Here are some tips for choosing your organic baby massage oil.
Opt for vegetable oil. Vegetable oil is extracted from oilseed or oilseed fruits. Baby’s skin breathes more easily with vegetable oil. These oils are generally devoid of chemicals.
An oil, for what benefits? Sesame oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, calendula oil, sunflower oil, and oil have different benefits. Don’t hesitate to learn about vegetable oils’ benefits and choose the one that best suits your baby’s season and skin. Calendula oil calms, for example, skin irritations, is anti-inflammatory and healing. Rapeseed oil is nourishing and regenerating. Jojoba oil is excellent for dry skin and to relieve eczema.
With or without essential oil. It is better to favour massage oils without odour and therefore without essential oils. However, some organic massage oils contain essential oils suitable for babies. The tea tree, chamomile, marjoram… are, for example, essential oils that are suitable for the little ones.
best baby massage oil in India
10. Johnson’s Baby Massage Oil
Appearing on the market, Johnson Baby immediately gained popularity among buyers. The advantages include a wide range of applications, hypo allergenicity and economical consumption. The oil can be used for the daily massage of infants almost from the first days of life. Satisfied moms highlight two more advantages – it’s the availability of the tool and the acceptable cost. Some complain that after the application of Johnson Baby, the baby’s skin became dry. Rather, it is due to the individual intolerance of some plant supplements that are part of the product. In general, oil reviews are contradictory; often, parents are not satisfied with the composition; there are allergies complaints. Many buyers believe that a well-known brand’s quality of products is no longer as good as before.
Pros and cons
- Popular remedy, a lot of feedback from parents
- Slow absorption, convenient to massage
- It cleans dryness well, moisturizes the skin.
- Light, unobtrusive fragrance, not aggressive perfume
- Savings, 200ml bottles are enough for a long time.
- Complaints of allergies in children are common.
- Not an ideal composition, there are harmful substances.
- Forms a greasy, non-breathing film on the skin
- In recent years, the quality of the brand’s products has decreased.
9. Dabur Lal Tail
Expensive but effective baby oil is suitable even for newborns. It not only cares for the skin but also facilitates colic. The bottle is only 50 ml, but for one massage session is enough 5-6 drops. That’s why the money will last for a long time. It has a light texture when massage absorbs without a trace. It smells nicely essential oils, so it will not irritate the child. Individual components can cause allergies. The product is created based on almond oil with the addition of marjoram, chamomile, cardamom esters. Due to these natural components, the remedy has a relaxing, analgesic effect stimulates the bowel. Detailed instruction is attached to the massage technique.
Pros and cons
- Fully natural, safe composition
- Warming effect to relieve colic, bloating.
- Savings, a few drops
- Attached is an instruction on the technique of belly massage
- Pleasant, neutral, non-irritating smell
- It does not help with strong colic, will not replace the medicine.
- High cost, not everywhere, is on sale.
8. Himalaya Herbals Baby Massage Oil
This massage oil can be considered one of the best and safest for the child for the simple reason that it contains only one component. It is 100% natural cold-pressed coconut oil of excellent quality and without any additives. It is not absorbed quickly, allowing you to fully massage, well softens and nourishes the baby’s skin. The simple composition is ideal for children prone to allergies. You can be sure that it does not contain any perfume and other unwanted substances. The only drawback of the manufacturer – the oil is produced in a bottle with a dispenser. Not the best solution, given that at 22 degrees the oil is already starting to freeze. It has to be warmed before use.
Pros and cons
- Natural cold-pressed coconut oil
- There are no additional additives, hypoallergenic.
- Great for massage, smooth slip
- The pleasant natural aroma of coconut oil
- Good nourishes and softens dry skin.
- Bad container, oil has to be heated.
7. SebaMed Baby Massage Oil
Excellent massage oil, able not only to moisturize and restore the infant’s skin but also help to cope with irritation and inflammation. It is tender and velvety, does not leave a sticky, oily film on the skin. Among the ingredients are organic rosehip oils, evening primroses, Siberian cedar, geranium, ylang-ylang, lavender, orange. Since the oil has almost an all-natural composition, it is great for children. Thanks to the selection of ingredients in general and separately, the oil primrose evening remedy can fight local inflammation and soothe the child. However, it contains several allergens, so it should be used cautiously if the child is sensitive to these components. Suitable for children from the first year of life.
Pros and cons
- Not bad composition, natural oils, no strong allergens
- Excellent relieves irritation reduces inflammation.
- Good for massage, optimal slip
- Fully absorbed, leaves no traces on the clothes.
- Pleasant, not a strong smell
- Not enough dispenser, it isn’t easy to regulate the expense.
- Insufficient hydration, not suitable for dry skin
6. Dabur Baby Oil: Non – Sticky Baby Massage Oil
Excellent baby oil, which is suitable for massage, nutrition, skin softening, treatment of dermatitis. It contains extracts of chamomile and marigolds, which have an anti-inflammatory effect. They soothe, relieve irritation, moisturize, nourish. The composition of the oil is completely natural, hypoallergenic. Massage them do comfortably; the texture provides a smooth slide on the skin of the baby. Parents are delighted with the oil. They like the action and a pleasant delicate herbaceous aroma. Disappointing only a small volume of jars, only 60 ml, at a high cost of about 500 rubles.
Pros and cons
- Completely natural composition does not cause allergies.
- Softens and nourishes sensitive children’s skin
- Convenient to do massage, optimal texture
- Anti-inflammatory action helps with dermatitis.
- Light texture, pleasant, not strongly expressed aroma.
- A small volume of jars, only 60 ml
- The high cost gave a small volume.
5. Mustela Baby Massage Oil
Butter with 99% natural ingredients in the composition. Contains only natural ingredients: avocado, sunflower and pomegranate seed oils. There are no parabens, mineral and essential oils in the composition, as well as silicone. In doing so, the texture means light, not greasy, making it ideal for nourishing and softening even the youngest children’s skin. Great for massage. In the reviews, buyers note: the product is absorbed almost without residue, which allows you to use it immediately after bathing. It is designed for newborns and older children. The remedy has a comfortable lid-dispenser, which will not allow the oil to spill. However, it can be confusing quite a high price – on average about 1000 rubles per bottle of funds in 100 ml.
Pros and cons
- Soaked without residue, leaves no fat on the skin.
- Convenient dispenser reduces oil consumption.
- Hypoallergenic composition rarely causes rashes.
- Especially for massage, smoothly slide hands.
- Moisturizes and softens children’s skin
- Some parents find the smell sharp.
- High cost, for 100 ml about 1000 rubles
4. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Massage Oil
Not the most common oil, which is sometimes difficult to find in a regular store. But the quality of it is excellent – safe, hypoallergenic composition, pleasant texture, light outlet. The oil is suitable for children with dry skin, it quickly moisturizes it, relieves redness and irritation. You can use the product for massage, as well as daily care. It is produced in Germany, and it is very inexpensive, especially given the rather large volume (200 ml). But suitable oil is more for dry skin, in other cases may seem too oily. Of the other claims in the recalls, there are only complaints about inconvenient packaging and unsuccessful dispenser.
Pros and cons
- Good massage properties, hands slip freely.
- Quickly eliminates irritation, redness and dryness.
- Not a bad composition, no harmful substances
- Pleasant, light smell, hypoallergenic formula
- Low price per 200 ml with good quality
- Some parents think it’s too fat.
- Inconvenient packaging and lid, unsuccessful dispenser
3. Chicco Natural Sensation Massage Oil
Soft, gentle massage oil with a light consistency. It provides a smooth glide, perfectly softens, moisturizes the infant’s skin, fully absorbed, without leaving an oily film. Its smell is neutral, not strongly expressed, but the outlet is still present. The rest of the composition is not good; harmful substances are suitable for children from birth. The essential oil of chamomile gives the product an anti-inflammatory effect and improves irritated, dry skin. It nourishes the oil well, but the effect of hydration is not maintained very long. Minus can be put, and for the non-proliferation of funds, it is sold not in all stores.
Pros and cons
- Almost no smell, no aggressive perfume
- Good composition, no harmful components
- Convenient to do massage, good sliding on the skin
- Fully absorbed leaves no greasy film.
- Affordable price with good quality
- Not all stores are sold.
- The effect of hydration does not last long.
2. Mamaearth Soothing Baby Massage Oil
Oil, which is quite long on the market and has gained popularity among many parents. It is ideal for babies from birth, does not irritate even on sensitive skin. Some mothers do not wash off the oil after application – it is so well absorbed that it leaves no traces and unpleasant sensations on the skin. There are no phthalates and parabens, as well as mineral oils and dyes. But in the composition, you can find natural ingredients: shea oil, marigold and vitamin E. The product is designed to cleanse the skin and protect against irritation, dryness or diaper rash. Dermatologists recommend treating them primarily area under the diaper and in the folds. But the oil is also suitable for massage.
Pros and cons
- Lots of good reviews from parents
- Natural makeup can be used for sensitive skin.
- Light texture, well absorbed
- Noticeable hydration prevents diapers.
- Good massage, easy slip
- In some cases, it causes allergies in children.
- Not a very convenient dispenser, poured a lot of oil.
- Contained outlet, a too strong smell
1. Cetaphil Baby Massage Oil
Light oil has a pleasant consistency, helps with comfort for the baby to make a massage, and fully absorbed by the skin. Its composition is excellent, does not contain any unwanted substances and strong perfumes. The hypoallergenic formula allows it to be used even for children with atopic dermatitis, both for massage and the daily care of sensitive skin. The oil has a healing, restorative effect, perfectly softens and moisturizes. It is so pleasant that many parents can not resist the temptation to use it to care for their skin. A small minus in the reviews they put only for the specific pharmacy smell and the lack of a dispenser on the packaging.
Pros and cons
- It works well on the skin – moisturizes restores, heals.
- Safe composition, a complex of natural oils
- Suitable for massage and daily skincare
- The hypoallergenic compound, for children with sensitive skin.
- Not too oily consistency, fully absorbed.
- Not the most pleasant, slightly pharmacy smell
- No dispenser, you can pour too much oil